Friday, January 30, 2009

We've got an officiant

JC & I decided to have a civil ceremony for our wedding so we've been searching for officiants in the Stonington area. Connecticut laws state that we can only get our license in Stonington, and Justices of the Peace are elected in Connecticut, so we had a short list to interview. Fortunately, Chaz Zezulka was on the top of that list.

To open our first phone conversation, Chaz told me that he'd met me a few years ago at a David Copperfield show at Foxwoods. Apparently we go way back! He also asked me close to a million questions that I didn't have answers to, making me acutely aware of how little JC & I have planned for this part of our wedding. I guess we thought we'd show up, a little man would say "Man and Wife", and then we'd have food, friends, and fun!


(Chaz actually mentioned that he doesn't say "Man and Wife," he says "Husband and Wife" because, really, how archaic is that?)

Clearly JC & I have some more planning to do but we can breathe a sigh of relief now because Chaz has performed hundreds of ceremonies and is more than happy to help us along the way. He's pretty fun, too, which should make for a more interesting ceremony. Doesn't he look fun??





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails