Friday, August 28, 2009

DJ Doug

One thing that DJ Doug Jastremski of Power Posse asked us to do was to provide him with a list of top ten dancing-type songs ...songs that will be sure winners for both the bride and groom when he notices out on the dance floor, and he might be able to take the energy to the next level.

Sounds like a pretty simple request, but...it turns out...this is a VERY difficult proposition, as there countless songs that I'd love to hear, but I'm pretty sure that I'd be out there by myself, busting out very un-choreographed moves, as most everyone else slowly slinked away, muttering 'what a stupid song...'

And its pretty clear that E and I have different tastes in music, often leaving each other slowly slinking away, muttering 'what a stupid song...'

I'm 100% OK with our different tastes, and actually can really appreciate we both have our own distinct styles and opinions (we ARE two different people, after all...) It is cool that we are actually able to find a good amount of common ground (ie, she's cool with my choices for MIA, Postal Service and I thought for her stuff, the Roots was a cool addition, and I do enjoy most of JayZ's stuff).

And our first dance song, which will remain a mystery for now, was something that we both absolutely love.

So, though I'm sure not all of these songs will be played, I'll leave you with the top ten lists we provided to Doug:

E’s top 10

1. Crazy in Love” JayZ Beyonce

2. Forever” Chris Brown

3. Untouched” Veronicas

4. Vivrant Thing” QTip

5. Boom Boom Pow” Black Eyed Peas

6. Dirt off your shoulder” JayZ

7. Step in to your world” KRS One

8. I know you want me” Pitbull

9. Beware of the boys” Punjabi MC + JayZ

10. Here I come” the Roots

JC's

1. Body Movin’ (Fatboy Slim remix)-Beastie Boys

2. Excursions or Oh My God-Tribe Called Quest

3. Paper Planes (DFA remix), mix in to Swagger Like Us (JayZ rhymes only ~1:47 in to the song)

4. If it wasn’t for you-Handsome Boy Modeling School

5. 19-2000(soulchild remix)- Gorillaz

6. 1901-Phoenix

7. Such Great Heights-Postal Service

8. Time to pretend-MGMT

9. Ghettochip Malfunction (Hell Yes)-Beck

10. Bamboo Banga or Galang-MIA

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails