Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wedding Weekend Pics: Rehearsal Lunch at Olio

Our post ceremony rehearsal meal was hosted by the parents Tetreault at Olio in nearby Groton...E and I were fashionably late, and were greeted by my pop, smiling widely at the entrance to the restaurant. I know my parents were very happy with their find, and they were 100% right to be...it was perfect in every way for the occasion. It was within a 10 minute drive of Saltwater Farm, they had some really tasty options during the cocktail hour (mmmm, spicy bloody mary), and the space had the feel that was reminiscent of our style: clean and long lines, but still comfortable and gave you the feeling that you were in for a good meal. The service was very attentive and focused on making sure everyone had what they could possibly want.

I could certainly go on about the decadent 'deconstructed seafood ravioli' (the local Stonington Scallops were perfectly seared and tender) or the panko chicken breast (crunchy, moist, and a monster portion... especially for lunch), but the meal took backseat to what was to happen that day.
The main feature was the flood of heartfelt sentiments that seemed to be endlessly showered over E and me. Really...so many heartfelt words, some hilarious 'remember when' stories, perfectly timed zingers. I pulled out my camera after tinkering with the settings to better shoot in the dim mood lighting, but taking photos was the last thing I wanted to do in those moments. Instead, we just absorbed and felt awash in support by our closest family and friends, which was what all we could ever want from the experience.

I was feeling emotionally drained after the experience, but knowing we were really just starting the weekend...E went off with her ladies for pre-wedding finger and toenail re-energizing stuff, and the guys went to the driving range.

So, the images from my camera were pretty limited of the lunch, so I grabbed a few off Facebook that Meg took...thanks Meg!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails