Sunday, June 28, 2009

E's Bridal Shower

I had the most wonderful afternoon yesterday!

Heidi and Gina, my bridesmaids, hosted a lovely shower for me at the Fox & Hound in Quincy, MA. They did such an amazing job planning the afternoon and even managed to keep a few surprises from me! Gina made the beautiful invitations and Heidi hand-stamped about a million adorable recipe cards which they sent out for people to share special recipes. Then they compiled the recipes into a pretty album for JC & I to keep! The favors were cute "love spoons" that measure "a pinch of joy", "a dash of tenderness" and other fun cooking measures. A perfect theme for JC & I.

It was so nice to be surrounded by my female family and friends who are so truly happy for me. I'm not very good at being the center of attention but I felt more like I was just hanging out with people I love and care about. Although it was fun opening my gifts...who doesn't love that?? J
I think the last time I opened a bunch of gifts for an audience I was 10 years old and excited about a new softball glove. Wow, how things change when you get older...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails